Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sweet 16 and never been.....

Today will be wild. I'm spending the day with Blake (who is sick) and then the RS Birthday Party is tonight. I guess I could cop out and say there  is not time for a workout! BUT NO!! That was yesterday's lame story!!

Today I got up at 6:30 and got ready and I walked! I only finished 20 minutes of my 45 minute goal, but now I will plan on walking to the RS Bday Party and I will get my 45 minutes in. YAHOO!!

This morning was hilarious with all the potential for NOT working out. Everything went wrong. I couldn't find my workout socks. My phone had died during the night, so no music to walk to. All my workout clothes were down in the freezing car.....it went on and on! There was every reason in the world to ditch the walk, but I was determined to make this happen! And it did!!! That is a great feeling.

A great effect of this 100-Day Challenge is the energy level I have. Especially in the morning. I had started developing some BAD habits of sleeping in until 9:00 or 10:00 everyday that I didn't go to work. Then I'd sit around and do the very minimal amount of housework, read books, do computer work, or watch TV. I was slipping into an entirely NON-active lifestyle. Just the simple act of walking or swimming or dancing around like a Zumba Geek has energized me to the point that after watching one show on TV.....I'm done. I am anxious to get up and get something accomplished. That is a great feeling!!

What a day! What a life!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment