Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lucky Number 13

It's Sunday, so I have a few minutes to rest and reflect. I feel such a sense of accomplishment....just because I made it through Week 2! That has always been my worst week. But Friday and Saturday changed things a great deal.

Friday I attended my Aqua Aerobics and it felt like I was working hard, but my knees weren't exploding after I was done. Then Saturday's Zumba went much better than last week. The week before I twisted and pounded my knees and it was not pleasant at all--just painful. This time, I used some caution in the way I exercised. I was still sweating buckets, but I wasn't pounding my knees.

On Day 5 I mentioned how Megan had asked me how I was feeling and I told her I felt awful. But after Saturday's Zumba class I realized that I felt GREAT. Later on that day, I noticed I was running up the stairs! I can't remember the last time I ran and did anything!


LESSONS LEARNED THIS WEEK:
  • If you just keep pushing through the UGLY days, you'll make it to the Celebration Days.
  • Even if you skip a day, don't fall apart and quit....just start clean the next day
  • Not all Aqua Aerobics classes are filled with 80-year old ladies

GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK
  • Plan each day the night before
  • Even if the day looks busy, DO NOT put off exercise until night time. It's too hard!
  • Focus on healthy and active actions during the day


So, last Sunday I was just grateful to not have to exercise and this Sunday I'm excited to kick it in and start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment