Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 35

Today our workout was an awesome hike to Emerald Falls in Dominica. The hike in was kind of rough on my knees, but it was BEAUTIFUL!

To start off, you hike through a rain forest with a well worn path and occasional wooden steps to make the path workable. It's all downhill.  After you hike for awhile, you turn and see a gorgeous waterfall and pool. Wow! I kept thinking how much Megan would have loved to run this trail! It's Bonneville Trail times 100!!

After I played around in the pool, it was time to return. Wes had already started on his way back. I looked up at that trail I had hiked down and realized I would need to hike UP to get out. I was somewhat intimidated because I was the last one in our group to leave the pool, so I had the tour guide right behind me as I hiked up and up and UP! I didn't want to be the weakling that hiked a few steps and then was wiped out and had to rest.

So, once again,  I thought of Megan and her love of doing hills. I decided if she could love these...so could I. I hiked straight up and tried to enjoy the experience. I didn't stop once! I was so dang proud! I finally was able to see the results of my increased exercising over this last month!


1 comment: