Thursday, March 6, 2014

I am 17 going on 18....

If you didn't get that subject line....sucks for you (Sound of Music)!

I learned another good lesson today: If you're slipping and feeling like you're not going to make it---call someone to help you out! Workout with ANYBODY you can find! I had the feeling that by the time I was done teaching 7 hours at Indian Hills Middle School I would NOT feel like running to the gym. I put my clothes in a bag and stuck it in the car with the hopes that I would just go to the gym and change there after work. But I was so tired after work, I knew I was going to go home, so I called Megan and asked if she'd meet me at the gym at 5:00.

Ultimately, she and Taylor didn't come before I had finished my workout--but that didn't matter! I got there and started. It was a tough push on the bike to keep myself going to finish, but I did! I need to make up a list of Poor Suckers who will drop everything to workout with me so I don't get stuck alone. Mallory's coming home next week for Spring Break, so that will be nice to have a Workout Buddy all week long!

I am a little concerned because I have to be out of town on Monday and Tuesday. I need to find a way to workout when my familiar places are not there!!

I wish 100 days had passed and this was a habit set in cement. I sometimes feel like I get up in the morning and then struggle to re-make the decision whether or not to work out that day. I need to dig deep and commit to that concept of a daily workout. Fighting the daily battle wears me out!

I mean, I don't make the decision every Sunday to go to church! I've made a deep commitment to go to church every week, so when Sundays come around...I just go. I don't re-think the decision. I just do it. It saves a lot of grief!  So where do I find that same sense of commitment to do a daily workout??

That needs some more thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment