Friday, March 7, 2014

18 is my lucky number!

I had a great day at Aqua Aerobics. It's kind of scary to think how well I get along with all these old ladies. There are really several in the class that are my age, but it's cute to chitchat with the elderly ones!

I learned an interesting lesson today on the way out of the gym. I passed a woman who was about 80 years old. I've seen her there many times over the years. In fact, when I used to go regularly five years ago, she was in my Zumba class. I saw her today and started thinking about how she must be crazy to be that old and still be at the gym. Like maybe she doesn't have anything else to do with her life. Then it hit me! She has created that daily habit that I want and she's still at it! She's healthy and will live longer in a healthy situation, than if she had just stopped because she was too old to work out. I should be so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment