Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 2



Lesson learned! Don't get up in the morning with every intention of working out....and then put on your warm robe instead of your workout clothes!! Suddenly I was reading the paper, doing some computer work, reading a book, dropping off to sleep in a chair---and finally at 11:00 am realizing I still needed to go walking!

By the time I got outside it had begun to lightly snow. I thought, "oh, I'll wait til this passes". But NO! If I did that, the workout would never happen. So I put up my hood and kept walking. I decided that variety in my walking course would be helpful, so I went down High Mountain to the  north and west and then came back up (puffing mightily) and went around the block. I listened to a book on CD which makes the difficult parts pass more quickly! It felt good at the end and I even went 10 minutes over! (All that puffing takes more time!) 

I was glad I kept going. So no more warm robe in the morning!
 
I think that not having a set schedule in my walking routine (ie. "walk everyday at 8:00 am") will be the hardest part of this challenge. With work and other responsibilities, I need to schedule a time every night and then push myself the next day to make it happen. Then again, that's just another part of personal control that needs to be exercised....don't let life dictate what you can accomplish! It's YOUR choice!

PS. My new shoes feel awesome! My feet don't bug me a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh this makes me so happy! I'm so proud! And so happy you got new shoes!

    ReplyDelete