Tuesday, February 18, 2014

100-Day Challenge

It's February 18th....my birthday. Today I start the 100-Day Challenge. I have committed for 100 days to exercise for 45 minutes, 6 days a week. I am to write on this blog everyday to create a record of my journey. So I have a beginning, middle, and end. Let's see where this goes.....

I've been very aware of the need for change in my health. I've felt a very spiritual prompting that I will be given the power and strength to make this happen. Even as I woke up to my first day, I noted on Instagram the scripture that showed up was:

"But if ye will turn to the Lord will full purpose of heart, and put your trust in Him, and serve Him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, He will, according to His own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." Mosiah 7:33

Perfect.

So today began my first 45-minute walk. With my newly purchased Asics and the overly-expensive inserts...I began. I did the easy walk up Oak Grove while listening to a book on my iphone. Though I was continuously interrupted with Facebook wishes of Happy Birthday and a Happy Birthday call from Mallory....I kept going. I was amazed at how strenuous this familiar walk was. Dang it! My knees are a little sensitive, so I'll be careful.

I really struggled today at making myself arrange a time to go. I found the best solution was to start the night before and work out a schedule of when to get up, eat breakfast, walk, leave for work, etc. It felt better that I wasn't making the schedule this morning. That is always when it is the hardest. The night before is a perfect time because I feel like I can do anything!

So the 100 Days begins.

Thanks, Mug! Great birthday gift. Megan is the one who introduced me to this concept. Taylor has been doing it and it sounded perfect for me. She encouraged me NOT to add anymore to the goal, like eating patterns, etc. or else the overwhelming details would sink me before I got started. Very true.

That's what daughters are for.....


No comments:

Post a Comment